Deadline: 15 Nov 2022 (annual)
Study in: USA
The next course starts on 1 July 2023
Brief Details About AAUW International Fellowships in USA for Women 2023
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) awards International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents.
Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported.
International Fellowships have been in existence since 1917. The program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career.
Accredited U.S. institutions
Level and Field(s) of study:
Graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions.
Number of Awards:
Target Group For Admission
Women who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Women who have demonstrated a prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work are given preference.
Value Of Scholarship and Inclusion
Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $20,000
Doctorate Fellowship: $25,000
Postdoctoral Fellowship: $50,000
Eligibility For AAUW International Scholarship Program For Women 2023
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for an International Fellowship:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the United States, or be in possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the United States.
- Women who are currently or expect to be U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or dual citizens of the United States and another country are not eligible.
- Have an academic degree (earned in the United States or abroad) equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the United States completed by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year
- Have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score (TOEFL iBT (Internet-Based Test): 79; TOEFL Essentials: 8.5; Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test: 60; IELTS: 6.5) proving English language competency.
- By 15 November 2022, applicants for master’s degrees, first professional degrees, and doctorates must have submitted applications to accredited institutions of higher learning for the fellowship year, and they must have specified the name of the institution in their international fellowship application. Although it is not necessary to accept an award at the time of application, fellows must include official confirmation from the school with their award acceptance paperwork.
- By 15 November 2022, postdoctoral applicants must possess a doctorate that is categorized as a research degree (such as a Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., or D.M.), as well as present documentation of their doctoral degree and specify the location of their research.
- Doctoral and master’s applicants must be enrolled at an American institution that is accredited by the U.S. throughout the fellowship year.
Applications and submission of supporting documents are done online. The application deadline for AY 2022-2023 is 15 November 2022, 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application and for detailed updated information on this scholarship/fellowship.
August 1, 2022
November 15, 2022, by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents.
April 15, 2023
Notification of decisions emailed to all applicants. AAUW is not able to honor requests for earlier notification.
July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024
When a date falls on a weekend or holiday, the date will be observed on the following business day.
It is advised to visit the official scholarship website for more details and to start your application.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.aauw.org/resources/programs/fellowships-grants/current-opportunities/international/