The DAAD Scholarship Program for Eastern African In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme aims to promote the development of university teaching staff and build capacity for public sector staff through postgraduate training in selected postgraduate study programs at selected partner institutions.
The calls for scholarship applications for this scholarship program is currently closed. Generally, the call for the next intake will start in October and run until December.
Type of Scholarship- Master and Ph.D. studies
Eligible Countries– East African countries
Requirements For The DAAD Scholarship Program For Eastern Africans
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Successful completion of a three-year degree with above-average results (at least 2nd class upper division or equivalent)
- Thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Completion of last university degree should not be more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- National or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Employed as a staff member of a public university, be a candidate for teaching or research staff recruitment, employed in the public sector, and/or an alumnus/a of the DAFI program
Scholarship Value/ Inclusion
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance (only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
- Health insurance (only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
Duration Of Scholarship Funding
Funding is provided for the usual duration of a course – up to two years for Masters and up to three years for the Ph.D. degree programs.
Target Group For DAAD Scholarship Program
The target group for scholarships is graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s program, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral program who want to pursue Master’s or Ph.D. courses in their home country (so-called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the program.
How To Apply
Applicants should apply to the institution of their choice for both admission and the DAAD scholarship, following the instructions on the institution’s website.
The institutions have established their own deadlines that must be met. The results of all applications will be communicated to all applicants. Only those who have been shortlisted will be able to access the DAAD Online Portal to complete their scholarship application.
Before applying, please review all application requirements on the Award Webpage
It is advised you visit the Official Scholarship Website to view all requirements and start your application
Official Scholarship Website: https://daad-kenya.org/en/scholarship-programmes-within-africa/scholarship-programmes-within-east-africa/
See also; other scholarships in Africa
Other scholarships that might interest you;