Gates Cambridge Trust
Deadline: 12 Oct/1 Dec 2022/3 Jan 2023 (annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts October 2023
Brief Description About Gates Cambridge Scholarships For International Students
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are among the world’s most prestigious international scholarships.
Scholarships are given to outstanding applicants from countries other than the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject at the University of Cambridge.
University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Level/Field of study:
Ph.D., MSc or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the University.
Core components of the Gate Cambridge Scholarship
- The appropriate rate of the University Composition Fee
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)- the award is for up to 4 years for Ph.D. scholars.
- One economy single flight at the start and end of the course
- Inbound visa fees and the Immigration Health Surcharge
The Composition of the University Fees varies depending on the type of student; applicants should consult the Graduate Studies prospectus for complete information on the exact amounts. If a student is successful in obtaining a fee award from a public authority (such as the UKRI), they must accept it; otherwise, the Trust will not pay these fees.
Number of Awards:
About 80 scholarships are awarded each year.
Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
Non-eligible courses for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- MASt courses (from September 2022)
Eligibility Application For Gates Cambridge Scholarships
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
• A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: Ph.D., MSc, or MLitt, or a one-year postgraduate course.
Watch the Video below to know more about Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Applications for the academic year 2023-24 will be accepted beginning on September 15, 2022.
Applicants apply for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other sources) through the University’s Graduate Application Portal. To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must first complete the application for admission to a course and a College place, as well as the Gates Cambridge section of the funding section.
There are two application deadlines for Gates Cambridge: 12 October 2022 (for US citizens residing in the United States) and either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023 (depending on the course) (for all other eligible applicants).
It is critical to read the How to Apply section and visit the official website (link provided below) for detailed instructions on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.gatescambridge.org/
Related Scholarships: List of UK Scholarships